Thursday, September 30, 2010

Bob Dupuy, MLB President, Resigns

by Andrew Johnson

Filed under: ,

Bob DupuyMajor League Baseball president and chief operating officer Bob Dupuy will resign from his post, effective Oct. 31, the league announced in a press release.

Dupuy, at the request of commissioner Bud Selig, will continue working on special projects for the league, including the Oakland Athletics' quest for a new stadium.

"It has been a great privilege to serve the commissioner and the 30 clubs for more than 20 years in my various positions and I greatly appreciate the confidence they have shown me throughout," Dupuy said in a statment. "I am very grateful to the entire MLB and MLBAM staff for their tireless energy and devotion to the game. I look forward to continuing to serve in my new role."

Dupuy has served in his current role since March 2002, spearheading among other things the formation of Major League Baseball Advanced Media, which has become a major cash cow for the league.

 

Permalink | Email this | Linking Blogs | Comments

ErikRuck ErinJackson FabioladaSilva FroggySoven GeoffRowley

No comments:

Post a Comment